This quick breakfast looks like a cookie and tastes like a treat, but functions as protein-fueled nourishment. Keep in the refrigerator and enjoy 1-2 as a healthy snack, or pre-workout fuel.
These no-bake energy bites are delicious, with your morning coffee, or take on the go. Make a batch to last all week!
Gluten free/ Vegan/ Vegetarian/ Dairy free
Elimination level: 0
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
1 cup almond or cashew butter
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1/3 cup almond flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup honey
2-3 scoops Dr. Nancy's Protein Powder*
1/2 cup carob chocolate chips
2-3 tbsp. water
1) Place the protein powder, nut butter, and flour into a large bowl with the coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract and honey.
2) Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir until a stiff dough forms. If the mixture is too dry, add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
3) Stir in the carob chips, and using a teaspoon, form dough into balls. Place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
4) Chill for at least 30 minutes, then serve.
5) Store any extras in the refrigerator.
* Your choice of Dr Nancy’s Plant Protein or Whey Protein shake. I recommend Chocolate!
Looking for more healthy recipes from Dr. Nancy? Order her cookbook that includes 75 more recipes just as delicious as this one! If you try one out make sure to post a picture and tag us on instagram @drnancymd